Monday, August 23, 2010

She's Here!!





We are so excited to welcome our newest addition to the family, miss Abigail Katherine Lazzara. She is perfect. She was born on Monday, August 16 at 4:48pm weighing in at 7lbs 2oz and 20 inches long...watch out world, here she comes!

We had a great experience at the hospital, but it was certainly nerve racking waiting to go in on Sunday night as I was scheduled to be induced. It was a tough day just sitting and waiting. Once we got there, we settled in a bit and just "let it happen". As it turned out, my water broke on its own and I did not need to do the initial petocin drip, so I was able to move around for the first few hours. Then, I had to wave the white flag of mercy and get my man Dr. Scott in to give me my epidural. I do have to say, he was pretty funny...though, I did want funny man to move faster than lightening, rather than comment on the movie we were watching "Best in Show". Dr. Scott: "Oh, you have a dog?" Me: "Yes, Dr. Scott, we do and I'll be happy to show you all of my pictures and tell you all about him AFTER YOU STICK THAT NEEDLE IN MY SPINE!". Dr. Scott: "I have a golden too, they are the best. I love all of these movies by this guy, they are so funny..." Me: "WHATEVER, DO IT ALREADY!"... Then, the part that he finds really funny...the part where your leg reflexes to a shock, my left leg shot up from Nick's lap and Dr. Scott so cooly asks the nurse "Did she get him?", Nick's face was priceless...yes, anesethesiologist humor. And, no, I did not get him, at least not where he was intending, I may have hit a rib, though, ha.
Ok, so after that, it was pretty boring, just waiting and beating Nick at gin rummy...I rule. Took a nap, let the body do the work. I did have to get my petocin then but who cares at that point, I was in blissful ignorance of any contractions.

Then, it was time for our little pumpkin to arrive and promptly at cocktail time, well done Abby! I pushed for 30 minutes and here she was.

We will continue to share pictures and adventures, but the first week has been tiring, wonderful, emotional, a roller coaster, all the things they tell you. She has a sweet personality, loves her daddy (who has already entered and signed up for a frequent shopper card at Gymboree!...on his own!) Ha. She has him wrapped around his finger and she hasn't even said "dada" yet, I can't wait!














No comments:

Post a Comment